So, you are probably thinking to yourself “why would I need an additional service to backup my Office 365 Mailbox? Surely it is in the cloud, so it must be safe, right?“
Well, let’s look at a few reasons why you really ought to consider this type of backup:
- Microsoft does not back up and recover Office 365 emails – Many Office 365 subscribers mistakenly believe that their data is fully backed up by Microsoft as part of their subscription. However, this is not the case. Microsoft does not backup Office 365.
- Microsoft doesn’t provide native options to back up Office 365 mailboxes – It provides some very basic archiving, retention and recovery options, but cannot guarantee full and speedy restoration of data loss.
- Microsoft cannot help with unexpected data loss or damage – Having a solid backup solution in place ensures that even if mailbox items disappear from the network or are rendered useless, the customer has access to a backed-up copy, eliminating problems or repercussions that could arise from the missing data.
- Problems with accessing and searching email data – Without a single backup location for a company’s mailboxes, this data cannot be protected and stored centrally for easy access, searching and recovery.
What could go wrong?
Once mail items are deleted or changed in Office 365, they stay that way. For example:
- A system admin who is rushed or is distracted by an emergency might unintentionally delete an Office 365 mailbox user.
- A user might accidentally or purposely delete an email.
- A virus infection or ransomware attack could impact and damage an organisation’s mailboxes.
Our Office 365 Backup Features
Hopefully you can now see that you need something to backup your Office 365 mailbox, but what does our solution offer you?
- Backups stored in Microsoft’s secure cloud storage service, Azure.
- Each mailbox is backed up to a maximum of 4 times a day to include mail items and attachments.
- Pay on a monthly basis.
- Fast and simple mailbox recovery down to individual emails.
- Storage is unlimited and items will be retained all the time you have an active subscription.
- No need for you to learn more software – we can take care of the setup and restores for you, just contact us when you need us.
- and now get Teams, SharePoint and OneDrive backups included.